I have full lifecycle experience of both graphic design and web projects, from requirement analysis, design and development, to delivery. I efficiently manage my own time and project workflow, acting as a key representative to clients and managing change requests through constant liaison. I have commercial experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks, WordPress CMS, Headway Themes, Affinity Designer, Dreamweaver, Joomla CMS, Flash, PHP (editing), CSS, mySQL, cPanel, HTML, Microsoft Office Applications, PDF workflows, Logic Pro X, and many more. I also have a solid grounding in delivering projects for print, including brochures, corporate identity literature and advertising, from requirement analysis to finished artwork.
August 2015 – Present
Utilising all my experience I have gained through my time working in agencies I now work in a freelance capacity. I have been working in partnership with other freelancers and agencies on a number projects both online and print.
Clients include: Phoenix Children’s Services, Blackmans Bay News & Post, Luxxe Apartments, Tasracing, Stormy Lifejackets, Castella Handles, Health Change, Lumicom, Ambulance Private, Jeffersons Tea, Salamanca Dental, Zap, Seal Energy, Deco Design, Lumicom, Modern Arbour, Apex Building and Excavation, Service Partners Australia.
Inferno Marketing and Design, Hobart, Tasmania
Jan 2011 – July 2015
Inferno Marketing and Design are a dynamic design, media and marketing agency based in Hobart. I worked as a senior graphic/web designer and web developer and on print and media production. Responsibilities included (but were not limited to):
- Graphic design, including creating and modifying print pieces such as logos, corporate identity packages, advertisements, newsletters and brochures
- Communicating directly with clients to establish project parameters, write proposals for design work, analyse competitor websites, determine website content, produce site maps for client approval, and communicate progress with client throughout length of project
- Logo design and development
- Social media design for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
- Design, development (HTML, CSS) and management of EDM (HTML emails) campaigns through Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp
- Project management and management of outsourcers
- Building custom responsive WordPress templates, theme designs and development
- Designing press adverts for the Mercury and Advocate newspapers
- Designing direct mail flyers and brochures
- Conceptualising, designing, developing, and implementing the look and feel of web pages that are visually pleasing, load quickly, and meet established design standards
- Ongoing design and maintenance of all new and existing websites on server
- WordPress plugin modifications and CSS styling to suit specific sites
- Google analytics account management
- Ecommerce integration with WordPress such as Woocommerce
- Manage accounts on VPS server such as web hosting (FTP) and POP email accounts and cPanel
Inferno has up to 100 clients including: YMCA Hobart, MEGT, Work & Training, Optia, General Practice Plus, Harcourts, Tilford, Tassie Home Loans, King Towbars & Trailers/Caravans, ARB Hobart, Lifestyle Furniture, PRD Nationwide, Howrah Plumbing, Roberts Don Mac, Look of Australia, McCanns Music, Picnic Point Toowoomba.
Biteinto.net, London, UK
Jan 2008 – Dec 2010
Biteinto.net is a London-based creative agency offering branding, graphic design, search-engine optimisation, internet marketing solutions and a professional website design service for all types of businesses and industries. In November 2009 I relocated back to Tasmania and worked remotely for Biteinto.net on a full-time basis up until December 2010.
- As senior designer, I designed and oversaw the majority of our web and print design projects from initial design concept through to final template build
- Custom template builds for Joomla CMS-based websites,
- HTML email templates
- Liaised with clients from project inception to delivery
- Projects for clients such as Tayto Northern Ireland, Ham Polo Club UK, Datahop, Sea Island Coffee, Unison Media and many more
Laing and Carroll, London UK
Aug – Dec 2007
Laing and Carroll were a print-based company who wished to develop a web business stream.
- Artworking projects for clients including WaterAid, Channel 4, All3Media and ILX Group
- Liaised with clients from project inception to delivery
- Advised company directors on technical requirements as sole web expert
- Set up in-house projects, such as multi-site hosting, email accounts and Joomla CMS testing sites
Catapult Digital, London, UK
Mar – July 2007
- Worked on company website redesign and build
- Advised company directors on use of Joomla CMS for a more efficient build and more easily maintainable site
- Set up Joomla and MySQL database and performed backend administration
- Delivered HTML templates for Sony PS3 Europe
- HTML emails for Teletext – requirements gathering, design, build and delivery
- Designed static and Flash web banners for a range of clients
Connaught, London, UK
Feb 2004 – Nov 2006
- Designed and artworked print projects for clients such as Lancôme, Tashia Fashion, Go Promotions, ACA Actuaries
- Integrated real estate management system using Joomla for the client to easily list and manage its properties
- Worked on company site redesign and rebuild
- Delivered website design and site builds for clients including Gopromotions.co.uk, Pappa Ciccia, and Imriel, using Flash movies, PHP, HTML, CMS and CSS
Leigh Carmichael Design, Hobart, Australia
Jan – Sept 2003
- Logo design, corporate identities, brochures, web graphics
- Built websites using HTML and flash
University of Tasmania, Australia 1999 – 2002
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in graphic design
- Including passes in art and design, digital media, photography, digital 3D modelling
Hobart College, Australian 1998
- Tasmanian Certificate of Education, including passes in English, maths and science.
Songwriting and active involvement in the Hobart music scene playing with the band Spiral Kites which I formed. Playing soccer for my local club. I am involved with administration and helping young players transition to the senior team. Following technology blogs and news sites on emerging information technology. Boating, fishing and bushwalking.
Driving Licence: Australian (full, clean)
References on request.